The Laundry is often overlooked when designing joinery or home renovations. However, it is an important room that requires careful planning in order to maximise space, utility storage cupboards, washer and dryer installation heights, and working layout.
Smaller spaces require more careful planning and a thorough brief with your Designer before the process starts. Some questions to consider when planning your Laundry are:
- Washing machine and dryer, side-by-side or stacking.
- If side-by-side, at floor level or raised with pull out drawers or open shelf below.
- What sort of cabinetry is required for the ironing board, brooms, mops, vac sticks, and detergents?
- What type of clothes airer are you planning to incorporate?
- Size and shape of laundry trough and preferred mixer style.
Take your space from drab to fab by identifying your storage and functional requirements, selection of finishes and benchtops. Light and bright are generally preferred, with clean lines and easy maintenance finishes – which look timeless.
Your laundry-utility is ideally a carefully considered room with all required functions designed to your specifications with your selected colours and finishes. This will make your space enjoyable to work in and beautiful to view.